So… I take a class during lunch three days a week because I have an awesome boss who lets me. I keep forgetting that I need to pack some flats in my car because the school has the WORST parking lots ever in this world. It is paved, but its old style and has gravel all in it… loose and packed. I forget again to take something other than heels with me or even to wear to work today. Because of course I do everything but the one thing that will save me from injury!
I’m walking out of class and cursing the parking lot so I walk in the median. The median isn’t much better since its mulch and you know it gets in your shoe, under your foot and is just gross. I find my car and go to step off the curb in front of my car and step down onto a piece of gravel and…
My ankle goes out
I fall straight to my knees
My forearm lands on the top of my car
I’m hurt
I stand up and go around my car, unlock it, get in (turn the AC on) and peruse the damage
I have skinned the top of my foot. Not major but painful enough to sting
I check my pants because I was scared I’d ripped them or there would be blood on them and I had to go back to work
No blood or rips but there are imprints of the gravel in my knee and in my pants (even an hour later they still remain)
Shew!! The damage is not that bad and I can handle it.
Hmmm… my forearm is burning. Why would my forearm be burning?
That’s because my black car has been sitting in the hot blazing sun and burned my forearm when it landed on top of it.
So there I am with my sore ankle, skinned up foot, battered and bruised knee and burned forearm.
Who in the world burns their forearm by falling in a parking lot???
Evidently I do!
The gravel assisted with my descent
Hopefully now I will remember to put flats in my car for school.
(perfect imperfection)
No comments:
Post a Comment