This weekend was supposed to be one where I did nothing but prepared for the madness that will consume our house until the end of the year. I have a huge to do list that I have been working on all week and do you know how much I got done off of it today... one thing. That's it. Just one!
Why? Because I decided that today I would take this last weekend of "unmadness" and pseudo normalcy and just enjoy it. My house stays clean for the most part... all dishes were already done, no laundry piled up, bathrooms were cleaned this week and Brynn's sheets have now been washed three times this week (don't ask and no, she wasn't sick). Aly's were cleaned this week as well, and so were ours.
I have done some laundry... Brynn's sheets once again, a load of lights, and now our sheets are in the wash again. Yes, I already cleaned them this week but there is NOTHING better than the wonderful smell of clean sheets. I am really looking forward to taking a shower before bed, shaving my legs and climbing into the clean sheets. Such simple things make me happy.
Tomorrow I do have some things that I need to do and I will get them done this weekend, but for right now I am enjoying doing nothing. This will be the last time for quite a while that I will have this little luxury.
Yes, tomorrow will be busy as I have put off doing today what I can do tomorrow, but you know what... today is wonderful.
(I'm writing this as my two year old is yelling "Share Bears" at me with all her little might. Yes, she wants to watch Care Bears and normally does this on my computer via Net Flix online, so bye for now as I have to find Care Bears for the little one.)
No comments:
Post a Comment