Friday, August 6, 2010

Frugal

For those that don’t know, I am a very frugal minded person.  I like to see our accounts climb and for the money to grow.  A few years ago we had a very rough time that we got through and luckily didn’t have to go to anyone needing money, but it was an experience that definitely opened our eyes to the unexpected and needing to plan for it.  This year we are saving for the unexpected and living like we have no money.  Well, not really, but we control what we can control.

We have a budget for how much we spend on groceries, eating out, and weekly allowances for each of us.  I just made a tiny splurge to help keep us on our budget and be able to go out and enjoy more things.  I bought a Citi Pass book for our local area.  This book has TONS of coupons that you can use towards restaurants, golf, movies, Great Wolf Lodge, kids activities (museums, zoos, pottery places, bead stores, jump house places, etc.) and I think this book will be a great addition to keep us within our budgets for having fun!  Most of them are buy one get one free and who doesn’t like having a fabulous meal for half the price.  This will allow us to have more “date” nights to spend at nice places and be able to live even better within our means.  I am really thinking about getting some of these for Christmas presents!  There is even a $5 off $50 coupon for a local grocery store that doubles coupons! 

That’s one more way of living frugally without cutting out things you like or want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment