Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cheesecake Incident

Well, no cheesecake for me.  We went up there at lunch and got our cheesecake to go.  I got a key lime mango cheesecake.  It looked great.  It was beautiful and delicious looking.  It was bigger than the normal cheesecake I was going to get so I figured I would eat half for lunch and then be done.  Probably about the same calories or less that way.  Anyways… I get back to the office take one bite and it’s awesome.  I’m drooling all over myself and just mmmm… good!  Then, I felt something in my mouth that just didn’t go with the creamy consistency of cheesecake.  OMG it was coconut!  I’m allergic to coconut!!!  I ask around and nobody has Benadryl.  I go to the CEO’s assistant and ask if she has some and tell her why.  She’s calling around, calls HR and is told we’re not allowed to stock it as a company but to keep calling around.  Nobody has any Benadryl.  I was just going to drive to CVS and get some but HR lady says she can’t let me drive because I would be a liability if my throat closes up and wreck my car.  They decide to call 911 to come give me an epi shot.  I tell them I don’t want to do that because I don’t want to pay for it.  They told me I don’t have to pay anything unless I go with them.  The CEO’s assistant is picking up the phone to call 911 and someone literally comes running in with some Benadryl.  I take the Benadryl and am following it up with some coffee to help speed it up.  So, I will be falling asleep here in about 30 minutes but at least I can breathe and am within my calorie range for the day!

Now I am cheesecake-less… WAAAAHHH!!!!  Oh well… just another day in the life of perfect imperfection! Ha ha ha!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment